If you rely on News Feed in Facebook to find my posts, you're missing most of them. On average, only 16% of updates in Facebook make it into News Feeds. Let me suggest that you subscribe to me in Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@ccengct), or use an RSS reader.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Lessons learned

Gail and I hosted a young man from Canada for one night last summer. He was riding a bicycle on a solo journey from Toronto to Miami, where he would fly to Ecuador and continue his adventure south across the Andes. His quota was roughly 100 miles a day.

At sundown he came up our street, having camped roadside along U.S. 401 near the Virginia border the night before. Because he was road-weary and hungry, the circumstances didn't allow for lengthy conversation. He left the next morning headed for Elizabethtown, N.C.

He did keep a blog, however, and updated it whenever he could access the Internet. Through his blog I followed his adventures for the rest of the year. After he had returned to Toronto and resumed a conventional lifestyle, I suggested that he make a list of lessons he learned from his adventure. I commend his list to you:

http://htoh.tumblr.com/post/79165916550/i-was-asked-to-write-the-10-lessons-i-learned

It's great advice at any age. Well put, Taso, and best wishes.